Monday, November 8, 2010

Drawing S301 Research

My first few posts will cover some basic research of contemporary artists I've done/will do and I'll discuss some reasons why I find myself enjoying that particular piece or artist's work.

For the first pieces I went to some (given) art websites and found the following:


 This abstract blue piece is by Erik Lindman - At first glance this simplistic piece caught my eye due to the strong harmony throughout the work.  The overall line shape and form just gives off a very balanced feel and the cool colors lets the viewer have a peaceful mindset.




These next 2 photos came from the same show by Paul McCarthy at Palazzo Citterio in Italy (July 2010).  The thing that draws me to viewing these pieces is the completely wierd and a bit horrifying subject.  The grotesquely large heads and the inane way they are placed on other pieces of sculpture make me think of a haunted insane asylum or the SAW movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment